Author Topic: Episode 162  (Read 2234 times)

Offline LukeSouthan

• Miocene Terror Bird
    • View Profile
Episode 162
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »
So Kelly had strongbow, which I can't drink because that is what everyone drinks in the U.K when they are 14-16 when beer still doesn't taste nice but we are at that age where we want to start drinking.

We can get a 2 litre bottle for about 3... and sometimes as students or just ridiculous adults we play a game called 'Edward Ciderhands' where we tape a 2 litre bottle of cider to each hand. And aren't allowed to remove them till we have drank them... A variation is 'Amy Winehands'.

Basically binge drinking is a problem in the U.K

Offline stephako

• emo emu
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 162
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:55:32 AM »
So Kelly had strongbow, which I can't drink because that is what everyone drinks in the U.K when they are 14-16 when beer still doesn't taste nice but we are at that age where we want to start drinking.

Huh I wonder if that's the reason why it is almost the only cider available in Germany...
Null results, open questions and a bit of my writing: JUnQ

Offline LukeSouthan

• Miocene Terror Bird
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 162
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »
It's probably the most prevalent cider. But there is a lot of choice for cider in the U.K. In the west country pretty much every 5 minutes you'll see a sign for a cider maker, and you can turn up, it'll just be a couple of old guys in a shed. You give them 5 quid and get about 5 litres of cider.

It's rarely very good but it does what it's made for very well.