Author Topic: android podcast software?  (Read 2311 times)

Offline scikopas

• Miocene Terror Bird
    • View Profile
    • LASER-Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad
android podcast software?
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:04:59 AM »
 What  podcast program do people use for android? I  used my oooold iPod classic (5G) until  about six months ago,  and that was  great,  back when the only thing ipods  did was pay podcasts and music...
 so now I'm using my andtoid  phone,  and the only good program ive found  is BeyondPod. (I want to be able to subscribe via rss,  and download the episodes  in advance,  so stitcher is out)

I'm about to  buy the $7  unlock key for the pro version of BeyondPod,  but  before I  spend that much, does anyone  have another program that they like?
PhD student in Materials Science at Arizona State University currently working on high-temperature superconductors and quantum computers or something.
my (materials) science podcast: LASER (Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad!) twitter @scikopas

Offline adrive7

• social whiskeyjack
    • View Profile
    • Technically Speaking
Re: android podcast software?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:24:56 AM »
So, this is only a month late. So I'm sure you've found something you like.

But

I've started using Pocket Casts. I looked at BeyondPod and found it much too busy. I like Pocket Casts.

I really liked Google Listen, but naturally they killed it because that's what Google does.
Joe
Speaker of Technical Things.

Offline scikopas

• Miocene Terror Bird
    • View Profile
    • LASER-Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad
Re: android podcast software?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:09:02 PM »
neat, thanks. I hadn't heard of pocket casts, it looks a whole lot like feedly though. I think I would like that for a podcatcher.

I bought beyond pod pro a couple weeks ago and right after they did a big UI update that makes it a little nicer to look at, so I'm pretty happy for now.
PhD student in Materials Science at Arizona State University currently working on high-temperature superconductors and quantum computers or something.
my (materials) science podcast: LASER (Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad!) twitter @scikopas