Author Topic: Science… sort of theatre suggestion  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Grawk1

• talky crow
    • View Profile
Science… sort of theatre suggestion
« on: October 12, 2013, 01:50:19 AM »
I reckon a great movie to do a commentary track on would be The Core! Lots of pseudoscience for you to talk about, lots of silly melodrama to make fun of, but a movie which is (in my opinion, at least) still very entertaining!

I reckon you'd need to have Ben, Charlie and Jacob at least to cover the physics, geology and engineering, and Ryan because he's fun (so long as someone shivs that horrible, awful, heinous timer duck and leaves it in the core of the earth.) Anyone else would just be a bonus.

Also, I reckon you ought to charge for the Sso theatre episodes from now on. $2 would be a totally reasonable price to ask for such entertainment, you get money for the show and (hopefully) it incentivises you guys to do more of them!

Offline scikopas

• Miocene Terror Bird
    • View Profile
    • LASER-Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad
Re: Science… sort of theatre suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »
i think that charging a couple bucks for the SSO theater episodes is a pretty good idea too.   I haven't listened to any of them yet , (since star trek and jurassic park arent on netflix...) but I would totally buy them if I had the movies around.
PhD student in Materials Science at Arizona State University currently working on high-temperature superconductors and quantum computers or something.
my (materials) science podcast: LASER (Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad!) twitter @scikopas

Offline Grawk1

• talky crow
    • View Profile
Re: Science… sort of theatre suggestion
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
Oooh! Armageddon would be another great SSO theatre movie! It's one you've all probably seen before, and it shares many of the same virtues i cited for The Core.