Author Topic: Collapsed Wavefunction is rad.  (Read 1966 times)

Offline scikopas

• Miocene Terror Bird
    • View Profile
    • LASER-Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad
Collapsed Wavefunction is rad.
« on: March 31, 2014, 10:24:24 AM »
first post! 

You guys are rad, i was super happy when I heard that a podcast I already liked was joining the brachilope media group.  I always feel like chemistry is that other subject that I should have taken classes in during undergrad, but never had enough time for alongside materials science classes.  You often mention something interesting that I go learn more about after the show.

thanks, keep being awesome.   anyone who doesn't listen to these people should go do that now. I can't decide if my favorite episode is the one related to Into the Wild, isotope ecology, or the author of the poisoner's handbook, but it might be one of those.

-cameron
PhD student in Materials Science at Arizona State University currently working on high-temperature superconductors and quantum computers or something.
my (materials) science podcast: LASER (Let's Agree Science and Engineering are Rad!) twitter @scikopas

Offline CollapsedPsi

• Administrator
  • Little Puffin
    • View Profile
Re: Collapsed Wavefunction is rad.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
Well thank you very much, Cameron. I'm glad you enjoy it. Feel free to give all sorts of feedback. I love hearing it and adjusting our show to fit what people actually want to hear.

Offline selenized

• Little Puffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:06:11 PM »
I would have to second the motion that the Poisoner's Handbook episode was pretty rad. Also the food science one was really interesting.

But yeah, I tune in for the chemistry and stay for the random tangents.

Offline CollapsedPsi

• Administrator
  • Little Puffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:36:51 AM »
Well at least you don't leave at the random tangents. I was very excited and happy to interview Deborah Blum. I just wish the sound would have ended up better. Oh well, it's understandable and interesting.